Dermaplaning is a treatment to remove dead skin and vellus hair or “peach-fuzz” from
the face. Using a sterile surgical scalpel to gently glide across the skin to leave behind
ultra-smooth, fresh brighter skin. This is achieved because the removal of the dead skin
stimulates your cell metabolism helping new skin to come to the surface. After treatment
the effectiveness of serums and skin care are increased because they are not having to
work through a layer of dead skin. This treatment can be done monthly to keep the
results coming. A common concern is that more hair will grow back thicker however,
dermaplaning does not touch the hair follicle and will not stimulate thicker hair growth.
1. It painlessly exfoliates the stratum corneum to stimulate cellular turnover with
little to no downtime.
2. It is a great option for clients with sensitive skin and pregnant women who are
looking for a deep exfoliation.
3. It can be performed prior to treatments like facials, laser, microdermabrasion,
and chemical peels for better product penetration.
4. It can be performed frequently.
5. It helps makeup go on smoother and more evenly.
6. It can help lighten post inflammatory scars from past acne.
7. It does not make the hair grow back thicker and darker.
1. No hair removal of any kind two weeks before sugaring service
2. Hair should be about ¼ of an inch long for best results
3. Come to appointment with clean exfoliated skin
4. Avoid lotions and oils the day of the service for best results
1. Avoid clothing and activity that will cause friction on the treatment area.
2. Avoid applying products to the treatment area for a minimum of 24 hours after service.